This course covers an introduction to Kubernetes, a software layer that sits between your applications and your hardware infrastructure. Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) brings you Kubernetes as a managed service on Google Cloud. This course teaches the basics of GKE and how to get applications containerized and running in Google Cloud. The course covers a basic introduction to Google Cloud, an overview of containers and Kubernetes, Kubernetes architecture, and Kubernetes operations.
- Discuss the differences among Google Cloud compute platforms.
- Discuss the components and architecture of Kubernetes.
- Identify how Google manages Kubernetes orchestration.
- Create and manage Google Kubernetes Engine clusters by using the Google Cloud console and the gcloud/kubectl commands.
Esta aula destina-se ao seguinte público:
- Application developers, cloud solutions architects, DevOps engineers, IT managers
- Individuals who use Google Cloud to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with Google Cloud.
Resumo do curso
Introduce the course goals and preview each section of the course.
- Identify Google Cloud services and their functions.
- Choose the right Google Cloud services to create your own cloud solution.
- Define the purpose of and use cases for Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Identify how costs can be managed in the resource hierarchy.
- Use the Google Cloud console and Cloud Shell to create virtual machines (VMs), service accounts, and buckets.
- Define the concept of a container and identify uses for containers.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Kubernetes.
- Outline the concept of Google Kubernetes Engine.
- Create a container using Cloud Build.
- Conceptualize the Kubernetes architecture.
- Identify how to view and manage Kubernetes objects.
- Distinguish between Google Kubernetes Engines modes of operation.
- Deploy a Kubernetes cluster by using GKE.
- Work with the kubectl command.
- Inspect the cluster and Pods.
- View a Pod’s console output.
- Sign in interactively to a Pod.
Recap the content covered in each section of the course.