In this course, you learn how to design APIs, and how to use OpenAPI specifications to document them. You learn about the API life cycle, and how the Apigee API platform helps you manage all aspects of the life cycle. You learn how APIs can be designed using API proxies, and how APIs are packaged as API products to be used by app developers.
Through a combination of lectures, hands-on labs, and supplemental materials, you will learn how to design, build, secure, deploy, and manage API solutions using Google Cloud’s Apigee API Platform.
Esta clase está dirigida a la siguiente audiencia:
Developers, architects, or engineers responsible for the solutioning, design, implementation, or management of APIs, API products, or digital products that leverage APIs.
Resumen del curso
- Understand the placement and role of API management in modern
- Define logical components and organizational structure of Apigee API platform.
- Differentiate between Apigee flexible deployment models.
- Explain the API lifecycle.
- Describe the fundamentals of REST API design.
- Understand the value of API-first development and how to apply it.
- Discuss OpenAPI specifications and their use in the context of API-first development.
- Define the building blocks of APIs and API proxies.
- Describe how APIs proxies work and how capabilities such as flows, policies,
route rules, virtual hosts and target servers play a role.
- Understand how APIs are exposed.
- Understand how API proxies connect to backend systems.
- Define API products and API product strategies.
- Understand the role of developers, applications, and API keys in API management.
- Describe the API publication process.
- Understand API responses and status codes for REST APIs.
- Discuss the importance of API Security.
- Understand the value of application identity.
- Understand the role of user authentication and authorization.
- Gain deep understanding of OAuth (Access token, Refresh token, Common pattern
for all grant types) and its application in the context of API design and management.
- Discuss federated identity and the use of JSON Web Tokens in your API proxies.
- Explore platform capabilities for protecting against content-based attacks and transport security.
- Discuss transport security and how to protect the connection between Apigee and backend services.
- Understand how to protect sensitive data using encrypted KVMs, data masking, private variables.
- Understand the out-of-the-box platform capabilities for implementing mediation
and fault handling.
- Describe implementation patterns and policies for JSON, XML, and SOAP.
- Explore development practices and capabilities used to reuse, share, and enforce
execution of flows and policies.
- Describe when and how to use traffic management.
- Evaluate options and applicable use cases for rate limiting with spike arrests and quotas.
- Understand caching strategy and how to apply it.
- Describe API publishing strategy and process.
- Expand understanding of REST API design by discussing API versioning.
- Describe the role of developer portals in the API lifecycle and as a critical part
of API strategy.
- Discuss available options for message logging.
- Understand the value and use of API analytics.
- Understand the extensibility options available for API analytics using custom metrics and dimensions.
- Discuss recommended practices and tooling for Apigee offline development.
- Describe the capabilities offered by management API.
- Evaluate options to leverage CI/CD as part of API lifecycle.
- Explore Apigee Deployment Options.