This course helps learners prepare for the Professional Cloud Security Engineer (PCSE) Certification exam. Learners will be exposed to and engage with exam topics through a series of lectures, diagnostic questions, and knowledge checks. After completing this course, learners will have a personalized workbook that will guide them through the rest of their certification readiness journey.
In this course, participants will learn the following skills:
- Describe the domains covered on the Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification exam.
- Identify gaps in your knowledge and skills for each domain and create a study plan.
This course is intended for the following participants:
- Customers, Partners, Googlers.
To get the most out of this course, participants should:
- Associate Cloud Engineer certification or equivalent experience.
- Understand the role of a Professional Cloud Security Engineer.
- Learn about the sample scenario used throughout the course.
- Understand the benefits of becoming Google Cloud Certified.
- Understand the course structure and types of learning assessments.
- • Define Resource Hierarchy and configure Cloud Identity.
- Explain considerations for managing service accounts, authentication, and authorization controls.
- Determine the skills you need to develop to use best practices for configuring access within a cloud solution environment.
- Identify considerations involved in designing network security (perimeter controls, load balancing, DNSSE, addressing, Cloud DNS).
- Describe how to configure network segmentation and establish private connectivity.
- Determine the skills you need to develop in order to design and configure network security.
- Identify practices to protect sensitive data.
- Recognize Google’s approach to managing encryption.
- Determine the skills you need to develop in order to apply Google’s approach to protect and encrypt sensitive data.
- Identify considerations involved in building and deploying secure infrastructure and applications.
- Describe how to design and configure effective logging, monitoring, and detection in Google Cloud.
- Determine the skills you need to develop to ensure successful ongoing security operations in a Google Cloud environment.
- Identify considerations for compliance and regulatory requirements in a cloud environment.
- Determine the skills you need to develop to ensure regulatory compliance for solutions in Google Cloud.
- Learn how to create an individualized study plan.
- Review sample study plans.
- Learn how to register for the exam.