This course introduces you to fundamentals and advanced practices applicable to the installation and management of Google Cloud’s Apigee API Platform for hybrid cloud. Through a combination of lectures, hands-on labs, and supplemental materials, you will learn how to design, install, secure, manage, and scale Apigee API Platform.
In this course, participants will learn the following skills:
- Identify the purpose and value of Apigee API Platform.
- Gain detailed understanding of Apigee API Platform architecture and recommended practices for topology design.
- Gain detailed understanding of Apigee terminology and logical organizational structures.
- Interact with Apigee API Platform and solve scenarios by leveraging recommended practices.
- Understand capabilities and practices to secure, manage and scale the platform.
- Understand and put in practice installation and upgrade processes.
This class is intended for the following audience:
Cloud Architect, Cloud Engineer and Operation Specialists
To get the most out of this course, participants should have:
- Familiarity with Linux command and command line interface
- Basic understanding of Google Cloud.
- Basic understanding of GKE.
- Basic understanding of networking.
- Basic understanding of shell script, XML, JSON, HTTP, REST, and TLS.
24 hours (3 days)
Check the next open public class in our enrollment page.
If you are interested in a private training class for your company, contact us.
The course includes presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs.
- Familiarize with Apigee product capabilities and its place in the
- Familiarize with Google Cloud, Kubernetes and Anthos concepts
- Discuss REST fundamentals
- Discuss Apigee hybrid architecture
- Gain understanding of Apigee technology stack
- Discuss Apigee terminology and organizational structure
- Familiarize with Apigee API
- Discuss installation process
- Discuss installation prerequisites
- Gain detail understanding of and practice installation process
- Discuss post installation tasks and recurrent activities recommended
for the platform
- Gain understanding common operational capabilities and practices
- Discuss backup and restore strategy
- Familiarize with API proxy concept and deployment process
- Familiarize with API tracing and debugging
- Discuss Developer Portal solutions
- Gain understanding of and practice capabilities available
for environment management
- Discuss infrastructure security
- Discuss data storage and encryption
- Discuss hybrid access management capabilities and RBAC
- Discuss capacity planning considerations
- Gain understanding of and practice capabilities to scale up/down
- Familiarize with upgrade process
- Discuss rollback process
- Familiarize with logging capabilities
- Understand metrics generated and captured by the system
- Discuss Apigee analytics
- Discuss monitoring and troubleshooting techniques
- Familiarize with Apigee support process