This course introduces you to the fundamentals and advanced practices used to install and manage Google Cloud’s Apigee API Platform for private cloud.
Through a combination of lectures, hands-on labs, and supplemental materials, you will learn how to design, install, secure, manage, and scale the Apigee API Platform for Private Cloud.
In this course, participants will learn the following skills:
Identify the purpose and value of the Apigee API Platform. Gain a detailed understanding of the Apigee API Platform for Private Cloud architecture and the recommended practices for topology design. Gain a detailed understanding of the Apigee terminology and logical organizational structure. Interact with the Apigee API Platform and solve scenarios by leveraging recommended practices. Understand the capabilities and practices used to secure, manage and scale the platform. Learn and practice the installation and upgrade of the Apigee API Platform for Private Cloud.
This class is aimed at the following audience:
- Cloud Architect, Cloud Engineer and Operation Specialists
To fully benefit from this course, participants must comply with the following criteria:
Familiarity with Linux command and command line interface Basic understanding of networking. Basic understanding of shell script, XML, JSON, HTTP, REST, and TLS.
Check the next open public class in our enrollment page.
If you are interested in a private training class for your company, contact us.
- Familiarize with Apigee product capabilities and its place in the enterprise architecture
- Gain an understanding of the Apigee technology stack
- Gain a basic understanding of Apache Cassandra capabilities and how they are leveraged by the Apigee platform
- Gain a detailed understanding of Apigee terminology and organizational structure
- Explore topology design options
- Discuss installation planning
- Understand installation dependencies
- Learn and practice the installation process
- Discuss post installation tasks and recurring activities recommended for the platform
- Learn how to uninstall the platform
- Discuss the role of the Apigee Developer Portal
- Discuss recommended practices for hosting the Developer Portal
- Discuss the software distribution and installation process
- Discuss platform operations capabilities and recommended practices
- Discuss the role of the Management API and how it is leveraged by the platform
- Gain an understanding of the API deployment process
- Gain an understanding of Apigee analytics
- Discuss infrastructure operations capabilities and recommended practices
- Discuss Apigee capabilities to secure API traffic
- Understand how to configure TLS and mTLS for critical path components and user facing interfaces
- Learn how to configure single sign-on (SSO)
- Discuss upgrade planning and recommended practices
- Discuss upgrade prerequisites and dependencies
- Learn and practice the upgrade process
- Discuss rollback scenarios and the rollback process
- Understand scenarios and recommended practices for capacity planning
- Understand how to scale up/down physical and logical capacity
- Understand how to add individual components, extend clusters and add new regions
- Discuss recommended practices for monitoring the platform
- Understand how to monitor individual components
- Discuss the role of synthetic transactions monitoring
- Discuss recommended practices for API monitoring
- Discuss failure scenarios and troubleshooting practices
- Understand the Apigee support model