In this three-day course, participants will learn about the comprehensive and flexible infrastructure and platform services provided by Google Cloud Platform. Through a combination of presentations, demos and hands-on labs, participants explore and deploy elements of the solution, including infrastructure components such as networks, systems and application services. This course also covers the deployment of practical solutions, including secure network interconnection, customer-provided encryption keys, security and access management, quotas and billing, and resource monitoring.
In this course, participants will learn the following skills:
- Think of all Google Cloud Platform technology options for their plan.
- Learn methods to develop, implement and deploy solutions.
- Distinguish between technology resources and related products.
- Recognize a wide variety of domains, use cases and applications.
- Develop fundamental skills to manage and administer solutions.
- Develop knowledge of solution patterns: methods, technologies and designs used to implement security, scalability, high availability and other desired qualities.
This class is aimed at the following audience:
- Cloud Solutions Architects,
- DevOps Engineers
- Individuals using Google Cloud to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure, with a focus on Compute Engine
To fully benefit from this course, participants must comply with the following criteria:
- Completion of Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals or have equivalent experience
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
- Systems operations experience, including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment
The course includes presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs.
- List the different ways of interacting with Google Cloud.
- Use the Cloud Console and Cloud Shell.
- Create Cloud Storage buckets.
- Use the Google Cloud Marketplace to deploy solutions.
- List the VPC objects in Google Cloud.
- Differentiate between the different types of VPC networks.
- Implement VPC networks and firewall rules.
- Implement Private Google Access and Cloud NAT.
- Recall the CPU and memory options for virtual machines.
- Describe the disk options for virtual machines.
- Explain VM pricing and discounts.
- Use Compute Engine to create and customize VM instances.
- Describe the Cloud IAM resource hierarchy.
- Explain the different types of IAM roles.
- Recall the different types of IAM members.
- Implement access control for resources using Cloud IAM.
- Differentiate between Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Cloud Firestore and Cloud Bigtable.
- Choose a data storage service based on your requirements.
- Implement data storage services.
- Describe the cloud resource manager hierarchy.
- Recognize how quotas protect Google Cloud customers.
- Use labels to organize resources.
- Explain the behavior of budget alerts in Google Cloud.
- Examine billing data with BigQuery.
- Describe the services for monitoring, logging, error reporting, tracing, and debugging.
- Create charts, alerts, and uptime checks for resources with Cloud Monitoring.
- Use Cloud Debugger to identify and fix errors.
- Recall the Google Cloud interconnect and peering services available to connect your infrastructure to Google Cloud.
- Determine which Google Cloud interconnect or peering service to use in specific circumstances.
- Create and configure VPN gateways.
- Recall when to use Shared VPC and when to use VPC Network Peering.
- Recall the various load balancing services.
- Determine which Google Cloud load balancer to use in specific circumstances.
- Describe autoscaling behavior.
- Configure load balancers and autoscaling.
- Automate the deployment of Google Cloud services using Deployment Manager or Terraform.
- Outline the Google Cloud Marketplace.
- Describe the managed services for data processing in Google Cloud.