In this course, you learn how to do the kind of data exploration and analysis in Looker that would formerly be done primarily by SQL developers or analysts. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to leverage Looker’s modern analytics platform to find and explore relevant content in your organization’s Looker instance, ask questions of your data, create new metrics as needed, and build and share visualizations and dashboards to facilitate data-driven decision making.
In this course, participants will learn the following skills:
- Define Looker and the capabilities it provides for working with data
- Explain the four core analytical concepts in Looker (dimensions, measures, filters, pivots)
- Use dimensions, measures, filters, and pivots to analyze and visualize data
- Create advanced metrics instantaneously with table calculations
- Create dashboards to combine and share visualizations
- Utilize folders and boards in Looker to organize content for navigability and discoverability
This course is intended for the following participants:
- Business users who need to draw insights from data.
- Data analysts who are responsible for data analysis and visualization within their organizations.
Check the next open public class in our enrollment page.
If you are interested in a private training class for your company, contact us.
- Looker interface and components
- Dimensions, measures, filters, pivots
- Table calculations, offset functions
- Looker dashboards, data delivery options
- Looker content organization, folders, boards